Instructions for Cleaning the Instruments
To ensure the reliability of functionality of the Cavernotomes, clean the instruments before initial use and after each procedure. The following are suggested manual and automated methods of cleaning.
- Soak the instruments in an enzyme cleaner suitable for stainless steel instruments.
- Wash in surgical detergent and disinfection solution at a temperature of 86°F to 95°F (30°C to 35°C). Remove any contamination of body fluids or tissues using a soft brush.
- Place the instruments in an ultrasonic bath with fresh detergent solution for approximately 10 minutes or follow the instructions below if using an automatic washing cycle.
- Rinse thoroughly in a stream of fresh tap water followed by towel drying. The instruments may be treated with instrument lubricant.
For use of automatic washing cycle suitable for stainless steal instruments, follow the cycle below:
- Rinse/wet cycle, cold water- 1 minute
- Wash 176°F (80°C) – 12 minutes
- Rinse cycle – 1 minute
- Rinse cycle – 12 minute
- Final rinse – 2 minutes
- Rinse with demineralized water 176°F (80°C) – 2 minutes
- Dry 199.4°F (93°C) – 10 minutes
Sterilization Recommendations for Reusable Instruments
The Cavernotomes are supplied nonsterile. To steralize, steam autoclave prior to each use. Steam autoclave at a temperature of 270°F to 284°F (132°C to 140°C) for a minimum of 4 minutes (pre-vacuum). It is the responsibility of the end user to ensure sterility of the product when using the sterilization process recommended, since bioburden and sterilization equipment will vary.